Estimating that pays for itself
We pack a lot of useful information into our estimates – and that’s by design. We proudly present representative examples of our work so that you can see what you can expect from our estimating service. No matter which format you choose for your estimates, you will get the most use possible.
- Sample Estimate – Detail Has Been Removed – Great to Send to Suppliers
- Sample Estimate – Has a Great Audit Trail and Detail – Great to Double-Check and Confirm the Estimate
- Sample Estimate – Bid Forms With Room for Pricing
- Sample Estimate – Individual Order Forms With Detail
No Layouts? No Problem!
We understand that not everyone will have fully engineered plans. So, if you need us to lay out your joists and beams (on your floor plans) or roof rafters (on your roof schematic), we have two options for you:
Redline Layouts (option 1)
- In order to estimate your ceiling joists and beams or your rafters, we can “redline” or mark up your plans in such a way as to be able to provide an estimate of the material counts that should get the job done for you. While this is somewhat rudimentary, it will usually allow us to provide you with an accountable estimate of the materials that you will likely need. This layout will help your framer to use the material that we estimate.
Create Layout (option 2)
- For a modest fee, we can use the floor plans and roof schematic that you should already have available and lay out and quantify the Joists and Beams and/or the roof rafter elements in very specific way. This is the cleanest way to present the layouts and your framer should be very familiar with using this type of tool.
- Click Below for examples:
As our customer, remember that we customize our systems to match your unique needs.
You can have your own estimate sequence
- Frame 1, Walls can come before Frame 1, Joists
- or – Frame 1, Walls can be COMBINED with Frame 1, Joists
- or – any other sequence you require
You can have your own cost codes and descriptions
- Frame 1, Walls
- Frame 1, Joists
- First Frame, Walls
- First Frame, Joists
- Cost Code 120.01 – First Frame Walls
- Cost Code 120.02 – First Frame Joists
or – any other description method you require!
We can include your own proprietary “resource codes” *
Some builders require specific codes be included to describe each material item. These resource codes are specific to each builder. We can include these if required. *
Your own material specifications
We collect your unique set of “standard” material specifications using our unique “Online Builder Profile Form”. We can change specifications for each home as needed at no extra charge.
Your company contact information
As you would expect, we include your unique company information in the header portion of the estimate so your material suppliers will have your full contact information available.
All things considered, Residential Estimating Service provides the most versatile estimating service from setup to completion. Our reports will help you get the materials you need the way you need them.
*Optional. Additional, one-time setup fee applies